Thursday, July 15, 2010

on this cool summer evening

i enjoyed the soft breeze while sharing a large combination pizza with my parents on the front steps of our home.

i first talked with my dad about various woodworking techniques and the sorts of machines you would need to carry them out. when my mom joined us, we discussed the tiny puppy that i cared for for a week before turning him over to his future owners... only to run away a few days later. eventually, my dad spoke the words i had been waiting for: "this feels just like we were back in vietnam."

i am happy to share any little moments with my parents that link them back to a time before they had to abandon their roots to jump on a boat headed for america, even if for a brief moment.

like any other 22 year old, i've had my share of ups and downs with my folks. and like all these same young adults, i know they can understand how much a rare little occurrence such as this would mean to me.

No comments: