Tuesday, December 2, 2008

blackout

my neighborhood had it's first blackout in (what i can remember) at least 10 years?? i love blackouts! while grabbing some tea lights, i also brought my camera downstairs too 'cause the whole family was actually home. together! all at the same time! during this once-in-a-decade event! exciting times!! well, except for my little brother apparently (his expression in the photo with flash is priceless)


afterward, my sister and i decided to go running. it was a little weird 'cause great america, the powerplant (that's litterally down the street from me), and other surrounding neighborhoods still had power, so there was an orange glow outside. felt more like dusk than 10pm.

then the power came back on again around 11:30. that was fun!

i suppose it's moments like these that feed to my ever-growing appreciation for being stuck at home during college. even though i still yearn for the freedom that i envy so much sometimes, i never really minded my situation that much. happiness depends on what you make of your situations, and i hold no qualms about being with my family before we all go our separate ways soon. this is my only chance to enjoy what's left of our time living under the same roof :)

No comments: