Tuesday, November 4, 2008

peacoats are my weakness too.... ~swoon~

i dont know about you but when i read books or wiki articles about events of the past, i always find myself asking what would it have been like to live in a moment that made it into the history books.

would i have been okay with watching Buddy Holly on a black and white tv rocking out his devil’s music on American Bandstand?

how many times would i have seen Roman Holiday in theaters?

where would i have been when JFK was shot? and Lennon?

and WWII? or more importantly (to my family) the Vietnam War? I’ve always wanted to ask my grandparents, but i never know how. (enough panic attacks already ensue when trying to construct a sentence sans-English asking my mom where the butter is.)

What was it like to be a part of it all?????


i dont know.


what i do know though is that years from now when I have my own grandchildren to pester me with what if questions, i’ll be able to read about this in their history books and recall every feeling felt, how I spent every anxious hour counting down to the result, the amazing Gilmore Girls rerun on tv, and the extremely cute guy at the polling place with the adorrrrableeeee pea coat.

it was more than okay. that's what i'd tell them.


No comments: